Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Lunch Time = Broken Piggy Bank

Like the majority of all working gal's out there punching a time card for corporate America, the 1-hour lunch time limit is just not enough for me!  In fact, I told my boss the other day that it's actually killing my inner child...she told me to go take a 15 minute break.  Lol!
As is the case in most beach towns, Santa Monica boasts an awesome array of eateries that are not only fresh and healthy, but also within walking distance from Santa Monica Pier/Beach, 3rd Street Promenade, and Santa Monica Place Shopping Center.  The only downside is that because the area is high in tourist traffic, the prices are a tad high.  I feel like my piggy bank is forever broken!
I have been making an effort to walk around town during my lunch hour.  Not only to ensure that I don't start looking like a "Piggy Bank," but also because the weather has been so nice lately.  Along my walks, I have discovered a few hidden gems that are fast, affordable, and super scrumptious.  One of those places is Café Crepe, located on the corner of Broadway and 3rd St.  

Like their namesake, they specialize in and offer an extensive menu of sweet, savory, and vegetarian crepes.  My favorite lunch time item is their French Onion Soup.  It's probably the best I've ever had in Los Angeles.  It's not overly salty, and the Gruyére cheese is melted to that perfect point where it's like a firm blanket protecting that rich and savory broth, yet still stringy on spoon to cheese contact.  The best part is, a cup of this liquid love is only $3.50!  Which means if I want to put on my pink beret and the one pair of Christian Louboutin heels I own, and feel über french , I can splurge on a Parisian Crepe (lemon + sugar), and settle my bill for under $10.00.  C'est tres bien!   
          



No comments:

Post a Comment