Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Crack is Wack....***disclaimer: unless you're referring to an amazing sauce on some awesome fries!

One of the things I love about Los Angeles (aka La La Land), is that people get REALLY creative here.  Whether it's the influence from Hollywood to acquire fame, or the simple fact that the immediate Downtown/Hollywood/West LA area is a gypsy town made up of mostly transplants rather than born and raised "Angelinos", this city is hell bent on making a "hear me roar" type of presence in this world.  Everything is cool in LA, everyone tries to be trendy...which of course includes the food.
I was never a big fan of The Burger until I moved to LA.  Don't get me wrong, I could always appreciate a good burger every now and then, but it was never my #1 mission to mop the town's best burgers till this past year.  I have to blame it on Umami (more on this bad boy at a later date).
The burger of my childhood like most of you was a juicy grilled patty with maybe some onions...perhaps a dash of worchestershire sauce...at the very most a slice of chedder and of course all the fixings.  The most flavor I ever experienced was when I moved to Hawaii at the age of 10 years-old and had a May's Patty burger at a pot luck, (by the way I HATE May's patty burgers...disclaimer #2).  That all changed for me when 18 years later Jason "put a ring on it", and I found myself living in LaLa Land.  Let me break it down for you:
My fiancé, Jason, and I met up with my girlfriend Twixxy and her husband for a late night munching session at this place called FukuBurger in Hollywood.  Like I mentioned before, the restaurant set up was very trendy with the Neon sign, projector screen playing Pulp Fiction, and picnic style table and bench seating.  Their menu selection was limited and parking was whatever you could find on the street, but as soon as I found out they had Guinness on tap, things were looking up for me and I was beginning to see the potential.
After a quick toast, and an enlightened conversation where we discovered that Twixxy's husband is an aerospace software engineer, and that his department actually made that discovery which was mentioned on the news about the OTHER universe with THAT planet that could also sustain 70 degree weather just like earth, (yeah...I am never showing him my SAT scores), we decided to order.  Fact #121: Han is EXTREMELY indecisive when it comes to food.  For me, it's like Sophie's Choice, I can't pick because it's like asking me to pick between my children.  I..Just..Can't..Do..It.  Sooooooo, we all decided to order one of each burger and just share.  Long story short, it was THE BOMB!  My favorites were the Buta and the Tamago Burgers.  I love bacon and I love eggs, what more can I say.  Their french fries were probably the best I've had in my entire life.  Their secret weapon is a house creation coined "Crack Sauce" that they put on almost everything.  It's so addicting... it's literally like crack to a foodie person.  It's part savory, mayo-ish, while at the same time salty, spicy, and sweet.  It's not like teriyaki or ton-katsu sauce.  It's a little garlic-y.  I can't put my finger on it, but i could put that $h!^ on everything!

Feel free to drool over below pictures.


2 comments:

  1. I'm still in shock...I don't know if anything can beat Umami's truffle burger for me! We'll just have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Umami is still my favorite...but this Crack Sauce is insane!

      Delete